Today I posted a letter to Mark Martin, Arkansas Secretary of State. I would like to share the contents of that letter.
December 14, 2011
From: John A. Wilson
804 East 6th St.
El Dorado, AR 71730
To: The Honorable Mark Martin
Arkansas Secretary of State
State Capitol, RM 256
Little Rock, AR 72201
Subj: Eligibility of Barack Hussein Obama
I write to you today to request that an investigation be conducted as to whether or not the name of Barack H. Obama should or should not be included on the Arkansas ballot for the race of President of the United States. It is my contention that unless proof can be found that unequivocally proves his eligibility to hold the office of President of the United States, Barack Obama’s name should not be allowed to appear on the ballots in Arkansas. I further contend that Barack Obama is not eligible to hold said office according to the Constitution of the United States of America for the reasons stated below.
1. Article II Section 1 paragraph 5 of the U.S. Constitution states: “No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;…”
2. The U.S. Constitution was ratified in 1789, Barack Obama was not yet born, therefore he was not “a citizen of the United States at the time of the Adoption [of the Constitution].”
3. A Natural Born Citizen of the United States was defined in Congress in 1866 by Congressman John Bingham and that definition has never been challenged on the floor of Congress nor any case before any court.
4. Congressman Bingham’s definition was:
“Every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen.” (Cong. Globe, 39th, 1st Sess., 1291 (1866))
5. A long-form birth certificate released by the Obama Administration shows that his father, Barack Hussein Obama Sr., was a citizen of Kenya, and was never a citizen of the United States of America.
6. According to the aforementioned document, Barack Obama was born in the United States which makes him a citizen of this country according to the 14th Amendment. The 14th Amendment, however, does not mention the term “natural born citizen.” Therefore, being born a citizen of this country does not necessarily constitute being a natural born Citizen as is required by the Constitution to hold the office of President.
In light of this argument, I feel that Barack Hussein Obama is not eligible to hold the office of President of The United States and therefore his name should not be on the ballot for such office. I therefore request, no I demand, that you as Secretary of State take the necessary steps to exclude the name of Barack H. Obama from said ballot. To fail to do so, unless a valid argument against that one which I have presented can be made, would constitute dereliction of your duties as Secretary of State. Your response on this matter will be greatly appreciated.
John A. Wilson
Conservative Action Project of Union County